Healthcare real estate
With a portfolio of 1.5 billion EUR spread over 4 countries and comprising 135 facilities and more than 12,300 beds, Cofinimmo is one of the most important investors in healthcare real estate in Continental Europe.
- Share in overall portfolio: 45 %
- Portfolio fair value: 1.5 billion EUR
- Occupancy rate: 99.2 %
- Average residual lease length: 15.4 years
Geographical breakdown per country (in %)
Main advantages of healthcare real estate
- Long-term leases with operators: an initial fixed term of 27 years in Belgium, 12 years in France, 15 years in the Netherlands and 25 years in Germany;
- The large majority of the leases stating that maintenance costs, including structural maintenance, are the responsibility of the tenant;
- Rental levels that reflect the economic potential of each project;
- Favourable locations making it easier to redevelop the properties: if the leases are not extended, Cofinimmo can tap the redevelopment potential of these properties to the full, mainly as residential accommodation.